If you only knew | Cramming

Hey Guys,

Yes before you all get mad at me, yea I know this is late and some of you have done your exams but ya know remember this for next year, also it helps the A-level gang and GCSE gang so imma continue.

Cramming. 

I see you trying get tips on how to cram, it's not good, how do you expect to get good grades if you are cramming, please tell me? Ohh that's why you came to me, I see okay. Let's begin.

Cramming, first thing you need to know is how much do you need to cram into your brain and how long do you have left?! 

This is important so you can calculate how much time you have to revise for each topic. Once you know that you have to cram into your brain the basics. Revise the absolute necessary parts of a topic, for example in maths, memorise the formula for how to differentiate because once you know that, well you can apply it to even the most difficult differentiation questions. This goes for science too, learn the basics and at least you have a few marks. 

Another way to cram which works for me is past papers. Past papers are just the way to go. You have a question, answer it to what you remember, then use google to help you then use the answer sheet. The more you keep doing the same questions over and over you see a pattern and it sticks in your brain. This leads me onto my next tip; being repetitive. Repeating words and phrases over and over again can really help, especially on topics you really have no idea what they are about. Simply repeating phrases in your head or out loud can make a real difference. 

Team work. Working with a friend can really make a difference. When you are bouncing off ideas and answers off each other you can see where the other goes wrong and you can correct each other. This triggers an event in your head so when you sit in that exam chair you'll remember, oh yes my friend went wrong there, and you'll remember where and why they went wrong and boom more marks. 

My last tip about cramming would be don't stay up doing it the night before. Sleep is more important than cramming, wake up and cram before the test but get a good night sleep, you'll thank me later. 

Hope that's helped.

Have a lovely day
~JJ~

Popular Posts