Marriott Afternoon Tea



















Hey Guys,

Marriott Bexleyheath Afternoon Tea. For a small hotel it was very aesthetically pleasing and fulfilled my Instagram needs. I particularly loved the neon sign they had in between two gorgeous wall mirrors. The selection of tea, though I didn't have any were great, many different types of tea for different people. The selection of sandwiches weren't so great, very dry and just seemed very normal, something you could make at home. The scones were amazing, that's a little bit biased cause I do like myself a bit of scones. The cakes at the tops, hmm they were okay. Just okay. I guess for the price you pay they were more than enough but the flavours  weren't so great. The macaroons, I can't fault, brilliant. The pastries, with the cream on top, amazing just like a cheesecake, loved it. The chocolate and orange cake not so great. The textures and flavour of this cake don't really go well together and yes chocolate and orange normal taste great but it was the texture that didn't make it go well together. Another down side to the afternoon tea, yes although it wasn't as expensive as other places I felt as if the service was lacking. The service was very slow though the staff were very polite. They didn't talk through the afternoon tea, they didn't tell us which sandwich was which and what the cakes were called etc. Not only that but the staff when asked didn't know what their selection of teas were and had to get a menu. 
I may be a little bit harsh on this review and I apologise if you don't agree with me but this is what I experienced. Overall it was fun to catch up with the fam and get some cute instas.

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts