Guys and Dolls







Hey Guys,

"Why would anyone want to get over the one thing you hope for from the minute you're born, until the day you die? 
Why? Because it's the greatest reward a person can have on this earth. To love and to be loved!"
Last week my mama treated us and my friend Boglarka, who you are all probably use to by now, to a lil cheeky trip to the Phoenix Theatre. The Phoenix Theatre is on Charing Cross Road where it hosted plays like Into the Woods and Goodnight Mister Tom and now it is hosting the amazing musical Guys and Dolls. This musical is one of the best musicals set in the 1950s with a super super great set. If you don't know what this musical is about let me tell you, without trying to give anything away. 
This 1955 musical is all based around the concept of gambling and love. Nathan Detroit, a man who has been engaged for 14 years is desperately looking for a venue for his illegal dice game. Whilst struggling to afford a location he places a bet with Sky Masterson. Sky never looses a bet but Nathan is determined to get the money he needs to host his game.

I'm trying to make everything as brief as I can so I hope that this is a good enough teaser for you all and I hope you all get to check it out. I think you should especially go check the one at Phoenix Theatre as there is one actress in this particular musical that is amazing. She was amazing at dancing and she was very pretty too. Her name is Selina Hamilton and I'll link it up to her twitter so you should go follow her and say I said hi, hehe. She does a scene in Cuba as the Diva where she is battling with Sarah and wow the dancing get real feisty, it's so elegant but so strong and passionate. 
Lastly I want to explain the quote at the top! As well as this musical being all about gambling it is also about love and it teaches us an important lesson. I love this quote because though it may be very cheesy it is kinda true. To love and to be loved is the greatest reward a person can have. As the quote says, from the minute we are born till the second we die this is what we seek in life. We as humans want to be happy and for many this is by sharing love. So I have a challenge for you, this week or forever go out of your way to share love, even if it is in the simplest of ways because though it may not be your idea of happiness it may be someone else's. 
I hope you liked this lil review, tell me how the challenge goes and I'll see ya next week. 

Outfit: 
Coat: H&M
Dress: Forever 21
Bag: Longchamp

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts