Pandan Cupcakes




Hey Guys,

So I have another recipe for you guys this week. Since I have been busy with organising my uni and my event it has been difficult making posts but I've got you it's fine. I am juggling everything and so far it is working out. 
I'm going to keep this short due to the lack of time I have but I hope you like this recipe. This is pandan. Pandan leaves is short for Pandanus amaryllifolius. It is used as a flavouring in South East Asia, especially in the Philippines. We use it in different desserts including pandan cake, or in this case cupcakes. 
So let me tell you what yo need. 

Ingredients: 
1 3/4 cup of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 tsp pandan extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup Seven up or Sprite 
1/2 cup pandan juice
3 drops of green food colouring

1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp pandan extract
1 cup double cream
1 drop of green food colouring 

Method: 
Beat the oil, sugar and pandan extract. Then add the eggs one at a time. 
In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients and combine well.
In another bowl combine the Seven up and Pandan juice.
Add a third of the dry ingredients into the other bowl with the eggs and half of the Seven up/ Pandan mixture. 
Repeat these steps till all are combined and then add the food colouring. 
Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases and place into the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. 

Whilst waiting for the cupcakes to cool, make the icing. 
To do this you will need to mix the cream cheese, pandan extract and butter together. Then slowly add the icing sugar.
Once this is done, whip the cream until it is stiff then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Add some food colouring or leave it be and decorate. 

I hope that has helped you learn a lil more about where I am from, and I hope you make it and it tastes great. Send me pictures if you do remake this as I would love to see. 
For those getting their GCSE results this week, good luck.

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts