Working at the Goring


Hey Guys,

So remember I told you guys that I was super busy this summer, well I took a part time job at a 5 star hotel. The Goring Hotel is where I lived for 2 months, well not lived but you get what I mean. It was tough at first but once you got use to it, honestly it was awesome fun. 
The environment from the point of view of an employee was really great, everyone would work together and help each other out. The staff were very friendly and made you feel at home, this really helped when trying to get comfortable with the job. A difficult part at the beginning was learning the ins and outs of the job. I went into this job not knowing a lot about the hotel or my actual position but gradually learned along the way. It was difficult as they threw me completely into the deep end. They gave me a uniform when I thought I was going in for an interview; completely threw me off guard and I worked for 2-3 hours. 
It was tough at the beginning since I had no training, no induction not even a handbook of what I was expected to do. But honestly working for one day you really learn a lot. I could really go into more detail about the job and experience that I had but lets keep it at, I had a lot of fun and would totally go back and work there again. 
I am super grateful for the opportunity that they gave me and was very sad when I had to go, but ya know uni comes first. I have learnt so much from this experience, especially how to make fruity cocktails, and really appreciated every second that I was there for. 
Always look for the positives when the path looks rocky. 

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts