French Macaroons



Hey,
Welcome to another #JustDessert post where I give you my easy guide to making french macaroons. After trying and trying to make french macaroons I have finally succeed. I hope you enjoy making these and send me pictures of your beautiful creations. Enjoy :) 

Ingredients: 
-3 egg whites
-50g granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
-200g icing sugar (2 cups)
-120g ground almond (1 cup)

Method: 
-Preheat the over to 150 degrees Celsius 
-Whisk egg whites till foamy and granulated sugar and until they form stiff peaks.
-In another larger bowl sift ground almond and icing sugar. Disregard the remaining particles in the sieve. 
-Fold the ground almonds and icing sugar into the egg mixture. 
-Approximately 65-75 folds will allow the macaroons to have feet. Be careful to not over mix or to under mix.
-Transfer the batter into a piping bag.
-Pipe out onto greaseproof paper. 
-Once you have enough on each baking tray, tap the bottom so that any air bubbles go to the top of the macaroon. 
-Leave them out for 30 mins to allow the macaroon to form a skin, this allows the macaroon to get feet. 
-Bake for 20 mins

For the filling I like to put nutella or peanut butter spread as the filling for me is too sweet. However in the images above I made buttercream as a filling. Using 200g icing sugar and 100g butter. Pipping half the diameter of the macaroons into each. 

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts