Cheap DIY Halloween Decor














Hey Guys,

First I wanna say sowwyyy, I know this post is late but I kinda like it at 5/6pm. Let me know what you think. Anyway.. Halloween is coming up and I'm sooo excited. To start the spooky halloween mayhem of course we've gotta have some decor. I have a load of halloween decor that are super cheap and easy to do. 

So lets get started, the first one is super super easy. 
For this all you will need is black paper, if you don't have black paper just use any paper and use a black marker pen. To make this DIY all you have to do is fold the paper in half and draw one side of a bats wing. If you don't have black paper, get your paper draw an outline of your bat and then colour it in with the black marker pen in order to get the colour of the bat and then cut it in half. Get some blue/ white tac or even masking tape and stick it any where on your wall and voila. 

Next up is our cute lil spider 
To make this lil guy all you need is a polyester cup, and some wires/ pipe cleaners in black. I recommend using pipe cleaners because they are so much easier to mould into legs but as I didn't have any I used some wire from the garden. First to make this lil guy, you have to cut  your polyester cup 3/4 of the way and use the bottom quarter for this diy. You want to also cut the wires, 8 of them to be precise, into a decent length I did it to 15cm. Then you want to paint everything black. Once they are all dry you want to bend the wires into legs, you want a lil piece of the wire bent to be able to stick it into the cup. To stick the wires into place, with 4 close together on one side then the other 4 on the opposite; I used masking tape to stick it down and then painted it black. To finish it off I cut ovals out of plain white paper, drew some smaller ovals in black pen and stuck it on to one side of the spider. I then cut a mouth out of the masking tape so that it is easy to stick on. 

My creepy halloween tree is the next diy. 

For this diy you will need the left over of the polyester cups, you know the 3/4 that you didn't use. You will need orange dark and black paper again. The other tool that you will need is masking tape of course. To make your tree it is simple; just stack the left over cups and you should have a basic tree. What I did to make it pointer at the top is I cut the top cup straight down the middle (vertically) and twisted to get a pointy top. I then stuck it all down with masking tape. For the bottom cups you might want to stick tape from the inside. Then using your masking tape you want to unravel it and place it onto a table sticky side up. Cut your black paper into small strips (1 inch by half inch) then stick the tip of the strip to the tape. Once you are done sticking the strips on the whole tape you want to stick it onto the cup working your way round and up, not showing the cup or masking tape. Once you get to the top you will need to stick the strips to the cup to ensure you don't see any masking tape. I also made a wonky star out of orange card and some bats, the same way as the first diy, just to give the tree a lil more colour. You can make this as tall as you want and you can add as many or no ornaments at all. 

Spider web wreath.
This wreath is so simple and I love it as it is so cute. All you need is wire (just like the spider diy) cellophane or tissue paper and black string or any thing you can turn into a web. To start this diy you want to make a circle shape out of the wire. What I did to make it stronger is that I doubled the wire, twisting it around itself. I also left a lil bit at the top to turn into a lil hook so I can hook it to doors or hang it anywhere I want. Once this was done, I sat watching Strictly Come Dancing with pre cut strips (3 inch by 1 inch) tying them to the wire creating this wreath. Once I went all the way round the wire I left a few spaces for the web. The web would look amazing if you use black string but I didn't have that so I used a piece of brown material which looked black and cut it into 4 pieces equal to the diameter of the wreath. Tie one end of the string/ material on one side and then tie the other end to the opposite side of the wreath. You want to do this 3 more times preferably making a cross and then a multiplication sign, or 2 crosses overlapping each other. Finally take one more longer piece of the same material, starting from the middle stick the string on one of the crosses. As you let the material go round you stick the materials where they overlap. Keep doing this till you get to the edge of the wreath. The messier this looks the better. 

Finally my favourite DIY of them all. My giant spider! YAY!
You will need; an clean and empty milk carton, BBQ sticks, black paint, bin liner, white paper, black tissue paper, glue stick and masking tape. You will need to firstly paint the milk carton all black. Whilst this is drying take your BBQ sticks and wrap them in tissue paper ensuring you have a lil bit on the end where there is no stick, do this 16 times. Once you are done stick two sticks together using glue by overlapping the ends of the no stick-just tissue paper bit. When your milk carton is dry poke 4 holes on one side and stick your stick into each hole, placing masking tape on each one to ensure it stays. Do the same on the opposite side with the other 4 legs. Once you have done all of the legs, you will want to paint the masking tape black to ensure you can't see it of course. Whilst waiting for this to dry you will want to grab your white paper and fold the paper in half then start by cutting an oval shape. By folding it in half you have 2 oval shapes that are exactly the same, see genius. With a black pen or even the paint draw a smaller black oval inside. Stick these next to the arm of the milk carton using masking tape. Finally cut out a lil smile for the spider so he doesn't look so scary and your done. To give it a lil more effect I made my lil spider a spider web using a bin liner. 
Click here if you want to see how I did it, creds to these guys for teaching me too how to do it. Thankss :) 
For my spider web i used a quarter of it so I could stick it into the corner of the room and well it looks cute, again I stuck it down with masking tape.

Okay so thats all I got for you guys this week I hope you liked it. Of course I couldn't not do anything for you guys for halloween. Halloween is one of my fave times of the year because you get to creative fun things and make your house look cute and spooky. 
Watch out for the next few weeks as we shall have more halloween themed blog posts and I may change my timings to 5/6pm so we'll see. Let me know what you think. Thanks for coming by, see ya next week. 

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts