DIY Halloween Costumes





































Hey Guys,

So for the first time in forever I'm doing a simple DIY halloween costume post for those last minute people. These are all really simple, do it yourselves so they are cheap and easy to make/ do. I have always wanted to actually try for halloween and well I put some effort in just for you guys. Here are 4 different types of simple costumes for girls and guys. 

For the very first costume idea, I went all out for you guys. I wanted to do something different, something you don't usually see and this is what I came up with. 
I became a fairy just for you guys. For this outfit all I did was made the wings and flower crown and paired it with a white dress. My wings that I made aren't as complicated as they may seem. I used chicken wire and garden wire too. I used the garden wire for the main structure of the wing making only one wing at a time. I then used the chicken wire to create the details of the wing. I then covered the whole wing in clear cellophane cutting the edges off and hot gluing the cellophane to the wires. Do this twice to make the two wings and to stick them together I used a cardboard box and cut it to the size that I wanted it to fit my back. I covered the front of the board with ribbon and then taped it down with electrical tape. I didn't have any duck tape of a glue gun at the time so I used the tape. If you want it to blend together and if you don't want to show the random bits of tape I recommend you taping the whole back bit so you can't see where the wing starts and ends. Finally hot glue/ stitch some ribbon to one side of the cardboard and then the other ensuring you can put it over your shoulder allowing you to remove the wings whenever you want. I also paired this outfit with my boots from pretty little thing and pink cosy socks just to keep my feet warm. You can change up this outfit by wearing something a lil warmer in white, you can even wear white jeans ensuring you wear a cute fairy like top to go with it. Otherwise you can change it by altering the colours. You can use green like tinkerbell or blue wearing blue contact lenses to make more of an effect or you could go all black and be a bad fairy, the choice is yours.

Lets get onto the next costume idea. 
This is greta, and doesn't she look creepy. I got her to wear a dark coloured dress with collars or without it doesn't really change anything. Then I painted her face; I gave her a cat type look giving her the classic whiskers but with a giant smile. You can pair this look with any outfit, you can also add ears, which I forgot about sorry. I would recommend if you are going out and it is cold to use this outfit as you can wear whatever you want. We don't want to get sick seeing as winter is coming soon. 

Guys, I have one for you! This is Ryan. 
For this costume idea we went for a burglar/ oliver twist just got punched type of look. For those who want to look a lil more classy when going out on halloween this one is for you. This is a super simple costume, specially for those who don't want to make a lot of effort. Just pair your black jeans with a nice shirt and a blazer and you are done. The details are in the face. I made his face look dirty like he has just gone up a chimney and then decided to make it look like he got punched. This could work if you wanted to do a prank. I didn't use any extra face paints or anything like that. All I used was different coloured eye shadows. I blended purple with blue and brown and of course adding a touch of red.

Finally, last one we have the matching costumes.
If you are going out with a friend and want to look the same here is one for you. I love this costume as it is so simple, you can wear whatever you want and you can link up with your friend. I wanted this look to be different so that each person could show their characters but to essentially be the same. #FRIENDSHIPGOALS! You can customise this however you want, altering what design you paint on each other's faces or keep it on the low and not put too much. This is all up to you and your friend. If you want to go out and don't have a friend to go like this with, I suggest do it anyway. You never know, you might end up finding your missing half.

So that's all I have for you guys this week. Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed making it.
Special thanks to Greta and Ryan for being so patient with me, travelling so far to see me and to let me draw all over their faces. Much love guys x

Thanks for reading see ya next week. 

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~






Popular Posts