Vampire Teeth





Hey Guys,

Halloween is so close and I have a lil halloween treat which I saw on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. I was looking at so many halloween treats and really couldn't choose but I picked this as it was simple and so cute. They look so realistic and it was so much fun making them. You can be very inventive with these changing the colour of the teeth or making the icing drip making it look like blood dripping off the vampire's teeth. If you like this post and want to see more let me know and I'll try to make more for a post on Thursday, so please let me know. 

Ingredients: 
-150g Butter
-225g granulated sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 egg 
-1 egg yolk
-300g plain flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder or bicarb of soda
-2 bars of 100g chocolate bars. I used milk and white chocolate

-Marshmallows (white) 
-icing sugar
-butter
-peanut or something to make the vampires pointy teeth

Method: 
-Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius, or you can wait till later if you want to save electricity/ gas
-Mix the butter with the sugar until creamy.
-Beat in the eggs and then the vanilla extract
-Slowly sift in the flour and baking powder 
-Once combined, cut up the chocolate into smaller pieces and add them into the mixture. If you are too lazy to cut the chocolate or like smaller pieces just put in chocolate chips.
-Mix mixture and if you want use your hands to knead it. If the mixture doesn't come together add a teaspoon at a time of milk but making sure you add it one at a time just in case you go over and it gets too sticky.
-Once it is at that consistency of cookie dough, turn your oven on if you haven't already. 
-Take your baking tray, place greaseproof paper on it and start making cookie dough balls. 
-When you have a enough balls to fill the tray flatten them out but ensure you have space between the cookies. 
-Bake for 17-19 minutes and then cool for 5 minutes before moving the cookies or else they will break. 

-Once the cookies are super cool we need to make the icing sugar
-For this I used 4 tbsp of icing sugar and 2 tbsp of butter. You can make as much as you want or as lil as you want but use the ratio, 2 icing: 1 butter
-Mix that throughly and then add red food colouring. The more food colouring the brighter the red. 
-Use a plastic food bag or a disposable icing bag and spoon this icing into it.
-Cut your cookie in half, and ice the clean edge of the bottom of the cookie. Do this to both halves of the cookie
-Get your marshmallows and place them within the cookie being stuck on by the icing.
-Lastly use a nut and place it where appropriate. If you or know the person eating it is allergic to nuts use white chocolate in the shape of a tooth instead. 

I hope you liked that baking post which I must say I haven't done in a while. I would love to go back to #JustDessert but uni bills just don't allow me to. 
Don't forget to click follow so that I know you like these types of posts and I will try to make something happen to bring you more of these posts. 

Hope you have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts