DAY 4 | DIY Xmas Decor

DAY 4! 

Hey Guys,

YAS! Finally DIY Xmas Decor because where would Christmas be without the decorations right? 
Haven't got any money because you're a student, but want your dorm to be looking fine this Christmas, well gurl I got you. I understand that student life is hard so I got a few DIYs to make your personal space look amazing this year. Or if you just want to DIY some decor with your family or friends this year to spend time with them and bond well you can try them out too. I have a DIY decor for everyone; if you try them out don't forget to tag me on social media, which you can check out on the right. 



Wall art.
This DIY is so simple. All you need is some sticker paper or vinyl which is what I used, in any colour you want and a pair of scissors. I used vinyl because it is glossy on one side and sticky on the other but also it is easy to remove from the wall without damaging it. Cut a triangle out of the vinyl, I used the measurements 6 x 7 cm. I used less than 85 for the whole tree but it depends on the size of your tree. I then just proceeded to stick them onto the wall and tada.




Glittery snowflakes.
For this DIY all you need are some ice lolly sticks. You will need 9 whole ones, 6 cut in half and 3 cut into quarters. Then simply just follow what I have done overlapping each one and once done just paint white. Once it is dry cover the whole thing in pva glue and sprinkle glitter in any colour to go with the rest of your christmas decor and tada. 



Mistletoe. 
This is how simple we can really get on my blog. All you need is some green paper, red paper, a pen and some scissors. If you want to make the garland the only extra thing you need is some string and maybe some tape. 
You want to draw some leaves on your green paper, do it on the back if the paper is one sided, I got around 30 from each sheet and for the red, draw some circles, you'll get around 60+ from one sheet. On each leaf once it has been cut out just draw a line in the middle of each other to represent the stem. Take two leaves and two red circles and stick them together and boom you can stick them on the wall or anywhere you want. 
For the garland you just have to attach each leaf then circle then leaf then circle over and over till you get the length you are happy with. That is where the tape comes in as you may want to secure the leaves and circles to the string. And tada all done, easy. 




Photobooth area. 
So my family love taking photos so I had a lil surprise for them, that is a photobooth area. I just want to use it but I have to wait for Christmas, don't worry I'll show you those photos after Christmas. All you need for this is newspaper and scissors and string. You want to cut out loads and loads of Christmas trees out of the newspaper, you can use different colours or just the words either way it looks good. you want to tape them to the string of similar lengths spreading them out so they aren't all in line. The messier the better. I then finished the wall off with a pre-made garland that says Merry Christmas and more of the DIY garland previously made. TADA 



Mini Beanies.
This one is a lil more complicated. You will need card and wool. You want to cut your card into strips around 1cm and cut your string around 30cm, you want a lot of these. Grab your pre-cut card and create a circle and tape the ends together. Fold the string in half go through the middle of the card with the looped end going through the middle. Bring the loop back over itself and pull the end through the loop. Check the photos it is easier to show then to explain. Once you have covered the whole piece of card you want to grab all of the strings together and grab another piece. You want to tie all the string ends together like the top of the beanie. Slightly cut the top making it look like a pom pom and tada.


This one is just some spare triangles I had from the Christmas tree to make mini Christmas trees. 

I hope you enjoyed my lil DIYs for you. See you tomorrow. 

#JJs24DaysOfXmas

Have a lovely day.
~JJ~

Popular Posts