DAY 8 | Jammy Starred Shortbread

DAY 8!








Hey Guys,

One week into this Xmas Challenge and I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am making these posts. As usual Thursdays are for another baking post due to #JustDessert which I wish I could bring back next year but I don't really have the time. Maybe during summer I'll make some stuff and you can have a #JustDessert post for a few months, but we'll see. At the moment we'll stick to this Xmas Challenge because it is a mission in itself. 
Anyway let me get into this.

Ingredients: 
-1 1/2 Cups Butter
-3/4 Cup icing sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 teaspoons almond extract
-2 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-Jam of your choice 

Method: 
-Preheat your oven to 175C
-Beat the butter until light and then gradually beat in the icing sugar ensuring you sift it first. 
-Add in the extracts and mix well
-Sift in the flour and salt and combine.
-Create a dough kneading till it comes to the right consistency. 
-Place in the fridge for around an hour to become firm.
-Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. 
-With a floured surface roll out your dough and cut your chosen shape into it. If you want to do what I did ensure you choose two shapes where one is smaller than the other. 
-Place into the oven for 20 minutes. 
-Leave to cool then enjoy.

I hope you liked this post and I'll see you tomorrow. 

#JJs24DaysOfXmas
Have a lovely day.
~JJ~


Popular Posts